Friday, December 1, 2006

My First Post

I've been waterskiing since I was five years old. I started barefooting when I was nine. I picked up wakeboarding when I turned ten and never looked back. There's something about the sport that sets me free. My very first board was a Liquid Force Evolution 138. I had Liquid Force Exo-Suction bindings and Rainbow fins. I remember how excited I was to even own a wakeboard of my own. After learning to ride on an O'Brien Phatty with bindings that would pain me to look at now, I can see the step up between the quality of the two boards. After a couple of years of using the Evo there seemed to be a point where I felt the board was holding me back. I noticed the board was kind of thin and did not provide a whole lot of pop due to the lack of rocker. The fins and side cuts stopped holding well for my deep cuts into the wake. I figured that a larger board with more rocker would aid me in bettering myself at the sport of wakeboarding. Plus, after going through my growth spurt it only felt necessary to step it up a notch once again. I bought a CWB Absolute Platinum 141, but I kept the Liquid Force Exo-Suction bindings because the still worked great. I was happy with my choice and determined the Absolute Platinum much better than the Evolution I owned previous. The CWB had a much larger rocker for lots of pop, one fin in the middle on each side and two molded fins on the outside at both ends. I felt much more in control on the water and launched much higher for better hang time. From this comparison of the two boards I determined that CWB was better than Liquid Force at making wakeboards. Of course, it's not a completely fair judgement considering that the Evo was not Liquid Force's top model at the time while the Absolute Platinum was CWB's top model. Plus, the CWB was made more recently giving technology a chance to have an effect on the difference in board design. So was this a fair comparison? In terms of wakeboard bindings, I've only owned the Liquid Force Exo-Suction bindings, but in comparison the the much older O'Brien bindings on the Phatty, I could come to the conclusion that Liquid Force bindings are better the O'Brien's. Once again, this is not a completely fair comparison. But to my credit, I have tried many different boards of my friends and family members and still stand by my conclusions. I know I prefer deeper side cuts and more rocker on boards than ones without. That's a fair conclusion, considering the difference i felt in performance of the board specifically because of these attributes of the board. One kind of board that I have not had the chance to try is a Hyperlite. I have heard nothing but good things from owners of these boards and the pro models seems sleek and innovative. My friend in the picture at the bottom of the home page is riding a Hyperlite board. He can tons of hard tricks and the board seems to be helping him get better and he's only 14 years old. Anyways, I look forward to this summer where I can continue evaluating the styles of wakeboards and functionality of them. At this point in time I have to conclude that the two best brands of wakeboards are CWB and Hyperlite, even though I lack the experience on that kind of board.

-Peace

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://trig.com/nihobaq/biography]agatha ruiz de la prada backpack[/url]
[url=http://trig.com/punefem/biography]prada handbags spring summer 2005[/url]
[url=http://trig.com/qazijeg/biography]prada boots vero cu[/url]
[url=http://trig.com/rofumox/biography]prada travel bag[/url]

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cod online tramadol online no prescription uk - buy tramadol online uk

Anonymous said...

where to buy phentermine buy phentermine prescription online - phentermine pharmacy

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online without a prescription tramadol cod money order - tramadol $89